• CURRENT POSITION
Research Director at INSERM, Team Leader, Lab Physiopathologie des Maladies Psychiatriques, Centre de Psychiatrie Neurosciences
INSERM UMR_S 894 / Univ Paris Descartes, 2ter rue d'Alésia, 75014 Paris, France
Tel : 33 (0)1 40 78 86 31
Email : therese.jay[at]inserm.fr
Site web: http//:cpn.paris5.inserm.fr/equipes2.php?
• ACADEMIC DEGREES AND AWARDS
Qualification for Supervising Research (1998) Univ Paris 11
PhD (1983) Dept Exp Neurophysiol, Univ C Bernard, Lyon1, France
Award 2000 : Visiting Scientist National Institute of Bioscience and Human-Technology, Tsukuba, Japan
Award 1987 : Visiting Scientist, National Institute of Health, Bethesda, USA
• RESEARCH GRANTS (PRIVATE AND PUBLIC LAST 5 YEARS)
- International French National Agency for Research (ANR); Neurospin (France) and ICVS (Portugal). Coordinators: TM Jay & N Sousa (2013-16). "Adaptive and Maladaptive Response to Stress"
- French National Agency for Research (ANR). Santé Mentale -Addictions (SAMENTA) with S Wiener (College de France, Paris). Coordinator: TM Jay (2012-15). "Optogenetic control of the medial prefrontal cortex to understand and model context-mediated emotional regulation"
- French National Agency for research (ANR) Maladies Neurologiques et Maladies Psychiatriques. Coordinator: Z Lenkei (2010-12). PI: TM Jay. "Cannabinoids and neuronal remodeling in the adolescent brain; Association between structural abnormalities, chronic cannabinoid exposure and psychotic transition"
- French National Agency for research (ANR) Neurosciences, Neurology and Psychiatry. Coordinator: TM Jay (2007-10). "Long-term consequences of peripubertal cannabinoid exposure: behavioural and transcriptional analyses in a rat model and in human"
- European consortium NEWMEDS (Novel Methods leading to New medications in depression and schizophrenia), IMI (Innovative Medicine Initiative). PI: TM Jay (2009-14).
- Servier research Center. Effects of antidepresants and antipsychotics on stress-induced alteration of synaptic plasticity. PI: TM Jay (2007-12).
• 'AD HOC' REVIEWER FOR SCIENTIFIC JOURNALS AND GRANTS
Articles: Science, Biol Psychiatry, Cereb Cortex, Eur J Neurosci, Hippocampus, J Neurosci, Mol Psych, NLM, Neuropsychopharmacol, Neuroscience
'Grants': Swiss National Foundation,The Welcome Trust (England), National Science Foundation (USA), Grants from the Canadian government, Norway.
• EDITORIAL BOARD: Frontiers in Behavioral Neuroscience
• CONSULTING ACTIVITIES AND SELECTED COMMITTEES
- From 2008: Executive Committee at the Center for Psychiatry and Neuroscience
- 2010 and 2011: Scientific advisor for Neurosciences at AERES, a French independent administrative Authority responsible for assessing Research Units.
- 2007: Coordinator of the evaluation of Health Sciences-Neurosciences panel in Lisbon (Portugal)
- 2006 to 2010: French representative at the European Cooperation in the field of Scientific and Technical Research (COST) Action B30 : Neural Regeneration and Plasticity (NEREPLAS)
• PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES
Society for Neuroscience (SFN)
Société des Neurosciences (French SFN)
The Federation of European Neuroscience Societies (FENS)
International Brain Organization (IBRO)
European College of Neuropsychopharmacology (ECNP)
Collegium Internationale Neuro-Psychopharmacologicum (CINP)
• TEACHING ACTIVITIES & PHD SUPERVISING
- Neuroscience Master (Univ Lyon; Univ Paris Descartes)
- Supervision of PhD and Master students
TM Jay has 90 coauthored articles, 10 review articles and book chapters, more than 500 abstracts and is the coordinator (PI) of several public and private grants. She is regularly invited to give seminars abroad and has organized a number of symposia in different international meetings.