Housing financial support for students from French Government

It is possible to get some housing financial assistance through the CAF (Caisse d’Allocation Familiale) to cover parts of your rent. 

There are two types of assistance, depending on the type of housing:

  • ALS, allocation de logement à caractère social.
  • APL, aide personnalisée au logement. 

The amount varies and depends on several criteria such as the rent and your resources. More information about eligibility criteria can be obtained from the Caisse d’Allocations Familiales

Download the useful information about housing


Housing and liability insurances

Housing insuranceMandatory housing insurance will be paid by ENP for the first year of settling, it has to be renewed at the beginning of each year by yourself. Without a valid housing insurance you will not get the key to your accommodation.

Liability insuranceLiability insurance will be paid by ENP for the first & second years of Graduate Program. 

NB: In order to provide these insurances, we need your exact day of arrival and your exact address. 




ENP specific partnership

The ENP developed a specific partnership with 

The Cité Internationale Universitaire de Paris (CIUP) – More info on the CIUP.

ENP can help you to book your accommodation and

  • will be your legal guarantor (“garant”) and will guarantee your financial viability. The ENP will provide documents certifying your financial resources during your enrollment in the Graduate Program. 
  • will pay the first month of rent and administration fees (“frais de dossier”). For private housing, ENP also reimburses your first-month rent and application fees up to the average amount of CIUP's. 

Applications are made online via a specific webpage. You should mention that you are an ENP funded student, and contact the ENP office prior to any application. Once the registration done, please send us all the information about your file you receive. 

Private housing

If you do not wish to live at the CIUP, you can of course look for your own for apartment but ENP will not be your legal guarantor.

Please note that housing in Paris is not easy to find and is quite expensive.

Apartments in France are often listed as T1/F1, T2/F2, T3/F3 etc.

T1/F1: kitchenette, bathroom and one other room (living room/bedroom).

T2/F2:  kitchenette, bathroom, living room + bedroom

Documents to provide for rentals

The CIUP, the estate agent or any given landlord can ask you to provide the following documents:

  • A copy of your student card or University certificate
  • A copy of your identity card or passport, copy of your visa/residence permit
  • Proof of financial resources: the ENP will provide you with a document certifying your financial resources
  • Bank account details -« Relevé d’Identité Bancaire » (RIB).